image1 image2 image3 image4 image5 image6 image7 image8 image9 image10 image11 image12 image13

WELCOME TO A WORD FOR THE SEASON|WE HOPE YOU WILL ENJOY YOUR TIME HERE|READ THE LATEST PROPHETIC WORD!|JOIN WITH THOUSANDS OF SUBSCRIBERS|GET OUR LATEST ARTICLES DELIVERED TO YOUR EMAIL INBOX

On Kaleidoscope Eyes by Lizette Smith



8/14/2016

On Kaleidoscope Eyes


A kaleidoscope is a toy consisting of a tube containing mirrors and pieces of coloured glass,paper or plastic, whose reflections produce changing patterns when the tube is rotated.
You might wonder where in the world I’m going with this, but I assure you, at the end of this chapter you’ll understand why we all need to have kaleidoscope eyes.
When researching a kaleidoscope I came upon a song by the Beatles called, “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds”. In this song her kaleidoscope eyes referred to the effect of using a certain drug on her eyes and this made me sad, as the meaning of kaleidoscope eyes are the exact opposite of that.
A while ago I spent quiet time with God and I heard Him speak of HIS kaleidoscope eyes. I’ve been pondering that statement for quite a while now and the Holy Spirit has revealed more as time passed.
You see, beloved, kaleidoscope has another meaning as well. It also means a constantly changing pattern of shapes and colours or a scene, situation or experience that keeps changing and has many different aspects or any complex pattern of frequently changing shapes and colours.
I had a glimpse of what God sees through his kaleidoscope eyes...For you to see this with me it’s necessary to understand that in the spirit there is no concept of time as we understand it. The writer of Ecclesiastes describes this very eloquently in Ecc. 3 v 11 where he says, “ That which is now already has been, and that which is to be already has been, and God seeks that which has passed by [so that history repeats itself].” I’m sure you are also familiar with Psalm 90 v 4, “ For a thousand years in Your sight are but as yesterday when it is past, or as a watch in the night.”
Knowing this, I want you to imagine the history of the world;  the uncountable numbers of people that have lived and died on this planet; people of all shapes, sizes, colours, cultures, personalities, characteristics and nations. Do you now see the “ complex pattern of frequently changing shapes and colours”? That is why our Father has kaleidoscope eyes; the inhabitants of this world are continually in His sight and as He has no concept of time the whole of humanity; created since the very beginning; are beholden unto Him; ancient and modern reflections producing beautiful changing patterns.
This quote by EM Sinclair supports the image beautifully, “ So, ever changing, day by day, every man’s life is but a kaleidoscope.”
“ Now hold on a moment,” I hear you say, “ Life isn’t just beautiful. There are wars and violence, famine and death. Sorrows untold, lives shattered and broken, and you want to tell me that God sees all of this as beautiful changing patterns, as through a kaleidoscope?”
I would have to answer yes to that. Though I have NO explanation of why these things happen I am not of a mindset to attribute it to God. I just cannot reconcile the loving Father that I got to know intimately with a God who allows or even pre-ordains suffering, sorrow, violence and death! Though you might not agree with me, hear what Paul writes in 2 Corinthians 1 v 3, “ Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of sympathy/compassion (pity and mercy) and the God [Who is the Source] of every comfort (consolation and encouragement).” Wow! This can’t be any clearer, beloved, God is the Father and Source of....compassion!
His kaleidoscope eyes are made up of compassion, grace, mercy and loving-kindness and that is why He views a broken humanity as beautiful. When analyzing the origin of the word  kaleidoscope, one realizes that it comes from the Greek word “kalos” which means beautiful and the Greek word “eidos” which means form; in other words beautiful form.
In our brokenness; even when it seems as if the pieces of our shattered lives lay at our feet; only our “beautiful form “ is seen by the God who created us, loves us and has compassion on us. God doesn’t look at the outward appearance of man; for He sees not as man sees; He looks on the heart. ( 1 Samuel 16 v 7), and this is the simple truth and good news.
During a time of worship and rest whilst still pondering His kaleidoscope eyes and His compassion, I heard Him say,
“ From My very being ancient songs and frequencies flow constantly; songs of untold beauty, arpeggios of promises, serenades of grace; towards that which I have created; that which have their very origin and design birthed within Me. The crown of My creation, made in My image, is surrounded by the melodies and vibrations flowing from Me continually.
It is as you open your heart and spirit to My Presence that you start to experience an inkling of the breadth and height and depth of My Love for you; for you are cushioned by the gentlest of lullabies as you realize that you are home, at last, here and now on the very earth.
Oh, My beloved generation, if only you could comprehend the galaxy of My infinite love and compassion for you. I long and yearn for you; don’t wait, don’t hesitate; My arms are outstretched to enfold you with My loving embrace! Never think that you are too broken, too lost, for I am the God with kaleidoscope eyes.
How intricately and wondrously did I wrought you together. You see broken pieces; I see your beautiful form for I am your God with kaleidoscope eyes.”
How can I but quote the prophet Isaiah whose truths underpin what God said, “ For though the mountains should depart and the hills be shaken or removed, yet My love and kindness shall NOT depart from you, nor shall my covenant of peace and completeness be removed, says the Lord, Who has COMPASSION on you.” (Isaiah 54 v 10)
Beloved; nothing; yes nothing; can make God forget about us! He is the One Who created us in His own image; we were created through Him, by Him and for Him; we exist because He exists. Once again it is Isaiah who gives us this blessed assurance in Is. 49 v 15, “[And the Lord answered] Can a woman forget her nursing child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? Yes, they may forget, yet I will not forget you.”
As children of God; sons and daughters of the Most High; we too must view the world and its inhabitants through kaleidoscope eyes. Does this mean that we turn a blind eye to unrighteousness and evil? No, beloved, but it does mean that we cry out, “ Break my heart for what breaks Yours!’ We live in a society where we tend to very quickly judge and condemn people. I beg of you; let us look at people; and most importantly at ourselves; through the kaleidoscope of our Father’s mercy, grace, compassion and love.
Let us see how many-splendoured, fluid, ever-changing, intricate and multifaceted humanity is; let us see its beautiful form; let us see through kaleidoscope eyes!
“ The idea behind a kaleidoscope is that it’s a structure that’s filled with broken bits and pieces, and somehow if you can look through them, you still see something beautiful. And I feel like we are all that way a little bit.”- Sara Bareilles





Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment